- Southeast Asia
- South Africa
- Indian and Antarctic Oceans
- Erebus Mons
- Hong Kong
- Cape Town
- Mars (Syria Planum)
- Mars (Polar Cap)
- Luna (Copernicus)
- Vesta (Hestia Maior)
- Mimas (Orbital)
- Enceladus (Orbital)
Governmental Model –
- Centralised autocratic command and control by a small group of ostensibly elected officials.
- In practice, advancement is through loyalty to the creed of and work for the advancement of the Earth Party.
- Depending on the time and circumstances, one of the Continuity Panel will emerge as a dominant leader or rule will be by consensus.
- Rank, duty to the nation and to the planet, and species, are paramount and while there are distinct militaristic and crypto-fascist vibes to the state’s organisation, it’s internal discipline and a clear Confucian-style advancement-through-success-in-examination means there is a fair amount of movement in its internal power structures and the movement is notionally at least controlled via merit.
Law and Order:
- This is a fascist state and the good of the many as decided by the leadership trumps individual good.
- Law focusses on the good of the nation and the species over individual rights with a heavy focus on ecological issues.
- Littering may be regarded more seriously than theft.
- The AU runs a minimum state basic income for all citizens with additional perks and luxuries available for those who pursue advancement through examinations or works for the state – this makes crimes around income and money uncommon.
- Fraud, deception and attempts to rig the system are far more harshly punished.
Technological Focus and Interests:
- The Antarctic Union is an attempt to create a stable, functional quasi-military successor state that manages human occupation of Earth in a rational way.
- They have abandoned the northern hemisphere as essentially unrecoverable and focus their efforts on terraforming and engineering Antarctica into a viable landmass
- They also have extensive expertise in the engineering of large environmental structures, from major geoengineering to offworld city domes.
- The Antarctic Union also has the most militaristic culture, with a concomitant focus on military technology.
Return to Tabula Rasa Main Page